The Pros and Cons of Copper Kitchenware
By Global Master Chef Karl Guggenmos
You see them being used on TV. Copper is synonymous with the image of the professional chef. Many chefs use it, especially pastry chefs working with sugar, you can too.
- Copper has the best heat conductivity of all the materials
- Very durable
- Great appearance
- Reacts quickly to temperature changes
- Reacts adversely to acidic food
- Must be polished frequently
- Only suitable for the experienced cooks because of the very high heat conductivity. Food scorches quickly.
- Very expensive
Spread the love