Chef Karl’s Top 6 Brain Teaser Foods: Part 1
By Global Master Chef Karl Guggenmos
When it comes to food, it seems we are mostly concerned with how it affects our weight, gut health and other health issues. These issues include blood pressure, cancer, keeping fit and energetic, along with other general health concerns.
But have you ever wondered what kind of foods are helping to keep your ‘brain’ in good health? For the next six weeks, we will explore some great foods that will support good memory and the overall health of your brain.
We begin with Nuts and Seeds.
- Nuts and seeds pack a healthy dose of Vitamin E which helps to slow the cognitive decline as we age.
- Try adding one ounce of hazelnuts, peanuts, walnuts, Brazil nuts, filberts, almonds, cashews to your dish.
- They can be consumed fresh or roasted.
- Be cautious about salted or candied nuts for obvious reasons.
- As for seeds, these include sunflower, sesame and flax seeds.
- Non-hydrogenated nut butters like peanut, almond and Tahini are great as well.
- Also seeds are calorie rich, so moderate doses may be best.